McFarlin Library provides free Digital Subscription access to The Washington Post. Follow the steps below to activate your free subscription to enjoy unlimited access to The Washington Post online and on all apps.
(NOTE: If you already have a Washington Post account using your TU email address, sign in to it and proceed to step 3.)
Here's how to create your Washington Post account and enable your free Digital Subscription:
1. Visit The Washington Post website to sign up using your TU email address.
2. On the next screen, click on Your Name in the upper right-hand corner. Click My Post.
3. Once you are in My Post, click Manage Account on the right-hand side.
4. You will will now be on your account screen. Make sure your email address is Verified. If not, click "Send verification email" to be sent to your TU email account.
5. Once you've received the verification email and responded, click on the Subscription and Billing tab. Then click Activate free digital access.
That's it! You've done it! Enjoy your free digital subscripton to The Washington Post.
You may encounter a pop-up box like the one below or even banner ads. Unfortunately, there is no ad free subscription access to remove banner ads when on a Site License such as McFarlin Library has. You can "X out" ads and you may just ignore buttons to Sign In or subscribe as subscription access is fully open as long as you're signed in to your account through the library.
Click on the "X" in the right corner of the pop-up box (circled in red) to close this and other ads that pop up.