Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Library’s Web Site
Start your library research by visiting the McFarlin Library Website:
- Access over 600 research databases that provide citations, abstract, or full‐text of online journals, magazines, and newspaper articles.
- Access Encore, the library’s catalog to find out what books (audio, online, & print) as well as videos (DVDs and CDs) are available.
Ask a Librarian!
Please contact us for more information on any of our services or resources. Our librarians will be more than happy to answer your questions and assist you in locating items or information, provide guidance in researching a topic, or assist you in using any of the print or electronic resources in the library.
- Come in person to the Research Office on the Main Level in the West Wing.
- Call the Research Librarians: 918‐631‐2880
- Text Messaging : 224‐357‐6350 (22helpme50)
- E‐mail: Please submit your question by sending the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Library has designated three Reading Rooms as quiet study areas. The North and South Reading Rooms are on the Plaza Level, and the third Reading Room, called the Student Study, is on the Third Floor. No talking or visiting is allowed in these rooms at any time.
- The Library has designated the Browsing Lower Levels in the West Wing as group study areas where quiet talking is allowed.
- Go to the Gray Commons on the Third Floor, directly above the Circulation Desk, for not-so-quiet group study. (But remember you ARE still in a library!)
- McFarlin provides one private group study room for current students, located on the Third Floor, next to the Helen N. Wallace Writing Center. It contains a large conference table, comfortable chairs, a large whiteboard, and power and data outlets for laptops. Contact the Writing Center to reserve this room.
Printing, Copying, & Scanning
- Photocopy machines are available on the Intermediate and Lower Levels. (Copiers for microfilm and microfiche are available only on the Lower Level at no charge.)
- The photocopy machines cost 10 cents per page. The machines will take nickels, dimes, or quarters. A change machine is available on the Intermediate Level.
Where to Check Out?
Go to the Check Out Desks on either the Plaza Level or the Main Level (West Wing) to borrow, renew, and return books and other library materials; check out reserve and interlibrary loan materials; and inquire about loan periods. Standard check out period for books for undergraduates is 28 days. You can have up to 100 books checked out at a time. You must present your TU ID card to check out books. You may renew your books online by using your My Library account.