We will try our best to get you the materials that you need, but there are a few exceptions to what we can borrow from other libraries. Please don't hesitate to ask us if you have a question about borrowing something.
Things we may not be able to borrow through ILL, though we will definitely try:
- Theses and dissertations.
- There are usually only few print copies of these and they are owned by the library of the university where they were published.
- Recently published items (less than a year).
- If it just came out, then other libraries likely won't have copies for us to borrow yet.
- Bestsellers and mass market paperbacks.
- If it's really popular here, then it's probably popular there too.
- If you think it would be a good addition to our collection, then you can suggest we order it.
Items that CANNOT be borrowed through ILL:
- Things we already own at any of the TU libraries. (Either in print or electronically)
- Current textbooks.
- This includes test preparation or review materials and required reading for classes.
- Books that are really old, rare or fragile.
- DVDs, Blu-rays, CDs or other media.
- Entire issues/volumes of periodicals or conference proceedings.
- Musical scores.
- Non-circulating materials (reference books, dictionaries, archival materials, special collections, etc.).
- Patents, standards, specifications, technical papers.