Document Delivery vs. ILL - What is the difference?
- Document delivery is for requesting scans from print materials in the McFarlin collection.
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) is for requesting materials from other libraries.
- Both requests are made through your ILL account.
Who can use document delivery?
- TU faculty, staff and distance learning students may request scans of articles and book chapters from the McFarlin library's print collection, microfiche and microfilm.
- These requests must not exceed copyright.
- Students attending classes in person are allowed to request scans from microfiche and microfilm as long as they do not exceed copyright.
- Those wanting articles or book chapters from the print collection are required to come in to the library to use these resources. The McFarlin library is equipped with free scanners on it's lower level and library staff are happy to aid in their use.
Note: Materials from Special Collections, the Mabee Legal Information Center (MLIC), Gilcrease and the University School are not available through document delivery.